INAUGURAL REGIONAL BENEFITS CLIFF* BREAKFAST SUMMIT
JOIN US FOR THE INAUGURAL REGIONAL BENEFITS CLIFF* BREAKFAST SUMMIT
*A benefits cliff happens when individuals who receive public benefits start earning more income, but it is still not enough to make up for the loss of benefits as the new pay pushes them over eligibility.
This event is free thanks to the generous support of the Central Florida Foundation! Breakfast will be provided.
Speakers will include:
• Ray Larsen from Heart of Florida United Way sharing the dilemma of our regional A.L.I.C.E. households
• Dr. Brittany Birken, CED Director and Principal Adviser from the Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta sharing their new publicly launched CLIFF calculator
• Alexis Tsoukalas from the Florida Policy Institute sharing potential solutions to avoid the cliff effect
• Annette Brown, Circle Leader from Poverty Solutions Group sharing her lived experience with the benefits cliff
The purpose of the event is:
- To gain knowledge about the benefits cliff and impact of the minimum wage increase
- To assist employers in understanding how to support their employees as they increase their wages and work toward no longer needing public benefits
Collaborating organizations include: Poverty Solutions Group, Christian Service Center, Florida Prosperity Partnership, Florida Foundation/Chamber of Commerce, Heart of Florida United Way, and the East Central Florida Regional Resilience Collaborative. This is part of a community effort to address the 17 United Nations Sustainable Development Goals. This one is focused on the #1 Goal of No Poverty.
Space at the Center for Health & Wellbeing is provided by the Winter Park Health Foundation
Date and Time
Wednesday Mar 8, 2023
8:30 AM - 12:00 PM EST
Center for Health and Wellbeing
2005 Mizell Avenue #Suite 800
Winter Park, FL 32792
Center for Health and Wellbeing 2005 Mizell Avenue #Suite 800 Winter Park FL 32792
This event is free thanks to the generous support of the Central Florida Foundation! Breakfast will be provided